Mahindra announces Manoj Bajpayee as new Brand Ambassador for release of Krish-e Suite of Mobile Apps
- Release of two new Krish-e apps for farmers led by a new Krish-e DVC featuring Manoj Bajpayee
- Both Krish-e app & Krish-e Nidaan app leverage a combination of agronomy, data and farming expertise to improve farmer’s income per acre
- The apps, will be offered both by Mahindra and Swaraj tractors and are available free of cost on the Google Android platform
- Apps provide a gamut of scientifically validated agri advisory services in 8 Indian languages for varied crops
Chennai, Krish-e, Mahindra’s new Farming as a Service (FaaS) business, today announced the release of Krish-e App & Krish-e Nidaan apps with the launch of its first ever digital video commercial (DVC) film. The new DVC is focused on the unique benefits of the Krish-e app and features Manoj Bajpayee, one of the country’s most versatile actors with family roots in farming.
The DVC highlights the challenges a farmer faces when planning and executing his farming operations and is focused on telling farmers about the unique benefits of the Krish-e app by bringing expert advisory and best farming practices across different crops and regions in multiple languages using audio & video content.
Launched in 2020, Krish-e is a new business vertical from Mahindra that provides technology driven services, which are progressive, affordable and accessible to farmers. With an omni-channel presence, Krish-e aims to increase farm income through physical as well as digital services across the complete crop cycle.
Through the new DVC, Krish-e will highlight the challenges a farmer faces when planning and executing his farming operations and how the new Krish-e apps helps farmers by bringing expert advisory and best farming practices across different crops and regions in multiple languages using audio & video content.
Speaking on the occasion, Hemant Sikka, President, Farm Equipment Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “With Krish-e’s focus on improving farming outcomes, the release of our apps today is in every sense a commitment to Mahindra’s larger purpose of Transforming Farming & Enriching Lives. By putting the power of agronomy and data-driven farming in the hands of farmers we are helping farmers improve their income per acre. We are absolutely thrilled to have Manoj Bajpayee on board, an actor with a massive appeal given his family roots in farming. Manoj carries a superb balance of being authentic, bold and humble, qualities that perfectly fit with our brand values. With Manoj on board, we are confident of strengthening the Krish-e brand further.”
The Krish-e app provides scientific, field validated and personalized crop advisory that is presented in an easy-to-follow understandable format for farmers, and offers:
- Expert advisory on Sugarcane, Potato, Soyabean, Chilli and Paddy in 8 different Indian languages.
- Complete advisory through various activity modules like a ‘Crop calendar’, ‘Fertilizer calculator’ and Spray calculator.
- A digital diary to record all types of transactions, called ‘Digital Khata’.
- Features ‘Len-Den Diary’ for helping farmers keep track of their finances.
- An in-app ‘Helpline’ for farmers which helps them connect to Krish-e Sahayaks and get their queries resolved.
- Farm machinery that can be procured on rent by farmers through the Krish-e toll free number that caters to any mechanization needs.
Krish-e Nidaan App
The Krish-e Nidaan app on the other hand is a real time crop disease identification app that will help a farmer identify common plant diseases and pests affecting over 20 most popular crops. The app helps to accurately & instantly identify the pest/disease infestation and provides real time solutions. The Krish-e Nidaan’s tagline is ‘Photo Lo, Rog Jano’. It is a highly specialized mobile app solution employing two cutting edge technologies: Image Recognition and Machine Learning. Farmers simply need to upload a clear image of their crop with the affected area on the app. Within seconds the application will diagnose the pest or disease affecting the crop and recommend preventive as well as curative measures.
Both apps are available for free on the Google Play Store.
With an omni-channel approach Krish-e is already making a difference to farming outcomes by bringing together the power of agronomy, mechanisation and digitisation. With an on-ground presence of over 90 Krish-e stores and nearly 3,500 demo plots Krish-e is working hand in hand with farmers to create visible on-farm impact. Through Krish-e, Mahindra is creating a nation of ‘Champion Farmers’.