Ford Introduces New EcoSport SE Featuring Global Design Cues at INR 10.49 Lakh
- New EcoSport SE expands customer choice with the flexibility to pick from two equally stylish yet distinct body styles, with or without a rear-mounted spare wheel
- EcoSport SE to come with an easy to use puncture kit that can help owners repair tyre leaks within minutes, without the hassle of removing the tyre
- EcoSport SE to offer SYNC 3 infotainment system, FordPassTM connectivity & sunroof as standard fitments; New variant to continue EcoSport’s performance leadership with best-in-class 1.5L three-cylinder petrol engine & 1.5L diesel engine options
- Ford EcoSport offers superior value to customers with a 100,000-KM or 3-year warranty and the lowest maintenance cost of 36 paise/KM
NEW DELHI, INDIA, MARCH 11, 2021: Expanding choices & delivering what consumers want and value, Ford India today introduced a brand-new variant to the EcoSport lineup, priced at INR 10.49 Lakh for petrol and INR 10.99 lakh diesel variants.
Christened Ford EcoSport SE, the new variant features design cues borrowed from its American & European peers, where the compact SUV is sold without a rear-mounted spare wheel.
“Customers increasingly follow global benchmarks in design and look for things that are unique and distinctive, just like the new EcoSport SE,” said Vinay Raina, executive director, Marketing, Sales & Service at Ford India. “The SE carries forward EcoSport’s fun to drive credentials as well as its rich legacy of outstanding safety and best-in-segment technologies like SYNC 3.”
Apart from an elegantly designed tailgate and a new, dual-tone rear bumper that sports a silver applique, the SE variant retains EcoSport’s butch, robust appeal with a bold grille, 16-inch alloys and high ground clearance that enhance its SUV credentials.
Ford EcoSport SE comes with an easy to use puncture kit that will enable owners to repair tyre damage within minutes, without the hassle of removing the tyre from its slot.
Introduced in Titanium trim, the EcoSport SE carries forward the legacy of superior technology and connectivity with Ford’s renowned SYNC 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as well as Ford PassTM integration.
Ford EcoSport is the only compact SUV to offer globally renowned mobility and connectivity solution FordPassTM across its entire lineup.
FordPassTM is a one-stop smartphone app meeting diverse ownership needs, at no additional cost. With a factory-fitted cloud-connected device, EcoSport owners can perform several vehicle operations — like starting, stopping, locking or unlocking remotely, via the FordPassTM app.
The new EcoSport SE is being offered with Ford’s trusted 1.5L three-cylinder TiVCT petrol engine that delivers segment-best 122 PS of power & 149 Nm of torque. Those who prefer diesel can choose the EcoSport SE paired to Ford’s performance-leading 1.5L TDCi disel engine, delivering a peak power of 100 PS and peak toeque of 215 Nm. Both the engines will be paired to Ford’s responsive and agile five-speed manual gearbox.
Adding to its list of accomplishments, Ford EcoSport was rated among the least expensive to maintain in its compact UV segment, by Autocar India in its 2020 Maintenance Report. In the report, Ford EcoSport maintenance cost remained among the lowest in the segment with just Rs. 21,754 (or 36 paise per kilometre) to maintain EcoSport petrol over a 60,000-KM or five-year ownership cycle.
Ford recently introduced the model year 2021 EcoSport lineup which continues to offer unmatched safety, connectivity & convenience with:
- Up to six airbags for enhanced protection for the driver and as well as passengers
- Best-in-segment SYNC 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility on EcoSport SE and top-of-the-line S variant
- A 9-inch touchscreen-based, infotainment system & embedded navigation on most variants
- A sun-roof on half of the variant lineup, including EcoSport SE
- Unmatched convenience with driver assistance features like automatic HID headlamps, daytime running lights, electrochromic mirror, rain-sensing wipers, push-button start and scores of other intuitive features